COMMON AREA RULES AND REGULATIONS
Your Facilities Management Board (FMB) approved the following Rules and Regulations at its March 28, 2015 meeting, [with an addendum regarding Rentals in May 2016 and an addendum regarding Pets in September 2020]. We ask that you familiarize yourself with these rules and, if you anticipate leasing your unit in the near future, suggest that you post a copy in your unit so that tenants can refer to them easily.
Many of you will be aware that the documents forming the four phases of Sea Pines include the original version of the condominium Rules and Regulations. Over the years, the FMB has promulgated supplemental rules, commonly known as the "Reasonable Rules and Regulations." Rather than simply reissue these supplemental rules, the FMB has taken the extra step of updating, clarifying, and restating in one document all the rules and regulations applicable to ownership at Sea Pines and use of its common facilities. It is our hope that this restatement will provide homeowners with a more comprehensive reference source for all the operative rules and regulations applicable to life at Sea Pines.
For all of us, these rules and regulations provide a positive framework for good condominium living, with due respect for both nature and neighbors. They reflect a common sense approach in
- preserving a clean and attractive environment,
- assuring the peaceful, friendly, and courteous enjoyment of the common elements, and
- protecting and enhancing the value of the property to the unit owners.
They are based upon the principle that fair consideration is to be given to the rights and privileges of all unit owners and their families, guests, tenants, and invitees.
The FMB reserves the right to levy a fine for any violation of these rules and regulations that, in its opinion, results in
- a significant harm to the value of the property or
- a significant imposition on the enjoyment of the common elements by any other unit owner.
When one chooses to live in a planned community, one gives up some of the freedoms of traditional single-family home ownership. Your FMB nevertheless hopes that you find this compilation a convenient resource, and that the term "reasonable" seems to you, as it does to us, a fair characterization.
Or, you can go directly to the sections which interest you:
- Addendum 6/30/2018: Smoking of any kind is prohibited on the Sea Pines beach during daylight hours (meaning dawn to dusk) beginning Memorial Day and continuing to and through Labor Day.